Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nutty Buddies

We had a breakthrough moment last night. This one is a really big deal. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Here it goes...my children actually entertained themselves by playing together while my husband and I ate dinner! The TV wasn't even on! Hooray! We knew this day was coming, but we had no idea it would be so soon. My daughters are 4 years old and 15 months old. For some reason my oldest kept calling her baby sister, "Todd" and putting her red mickey mouse cap on her head backwards. The baby kept trying to get it off by standing on her head. Super cute. They both found this hilarious and were occupied with each other for at least a good 15 minutes. Which if you are a parent, 15 minutes of eating dinner without having to get up and do something for your kids is gold. Plus my enchiladas were awesome if I do say so myself.
So then after dinner, we all had "nutty buddies", which are Drumstick sundae cones for dessert. My oldest kept giving the baby licks of her ice cream, and both of them were giggling hysterically. The baby would then throw her head back and roar that great baby belly laugh. My husband and I were laughing with them. It was a great moment. You would think these great moments come in parenting all the time, and don't get me wrong, they do. But lately it seems like there have been more frustrating moments. The baby teething and not sleeping. My oldest waking up at the crack of dawn for no reason or refusing to eat a food she's had a million times, like stupid toast. Me wanting to pull my hair out after carrying her upstairs kicking and screaming for yet another time out. So last night watching my two girls together was just pure parenting joy. Thank goodness for my two little nutty buddies!

*Beauty Tip* Play beauty parlor with your girls! Little girls as young as four can have their nails painted as long as the polish doesn't have any formaldehyde and are formulated without toluene. Avon and Estee Lauder's nail polishes don't have these ingrediants and come in a wide variety of fun shades!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home