Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Yesterday was truly one of those "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days." Have you ever read that book? I think it was about a boy named Alexander and it was obviously about his bad day. Our day started out ok, and it wasn't until 4pm when things took a turn for the worse. We needed to get out of our house because we are trying to sell it and there was a showing from 4:30-5:30. It was a perfect day to spend the late afternoon at the pool. I get both of the kids and myself slathered from head to toe in sunscreen and we put on our suits and coverups. As I am stapping the kids into their car seats I look up at the sky towards the west. Big black dark grey rain clounds are forming off into the distance. Shoot. We are not really dressed for anything but the pool. Just then big drops of rain start to fall. I jump in the car and decide to just drive around for a bit to see if it passes. The rain does not pass. It's pouring and the baby is screaming because she is ready for a bottle. My older daughter is pissed because we aren't going to the pool. Chaos in the car!

I decide to head to the library so my oldest can play and I can feed the baby. We jet from the car into the library. Soaking wet. At least we have our suits on right? I feel a little bizarre in the library in just my coverup, but oh well. I am feeding the baby her bottle and the other one is playing with the library's dollhouse.Well all of a sudden there is a warm wetness spreading on my lap. My youngest who I forgot was wearing a swim diaper has just peed all over me! Blah! Why didn't someone tell me that Pampers swim diapers are not nearly as absorbant as a regular diaper? Should they put a warning on the package or something?So to make a long horrible story short...I am covered in baby pee, it didn't stop raining, the pool didn't open back up, and there was lots more crying and tantrums had by all.

*Beauty Tip* For gorgeous simple nails, file them into a rounded square shape or "squaoval", then buff them for high shine. Or try the new Neutrogena's Instant Nail Enhancer in Buffed Sheen($7). It dries instantly and is a super fast way to have beautiful healthy looking nails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home