Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yay or Nay For Rachel Ray?

The question of the day is, do you like Rachel Ray? You know who I am talking about right? The super perky Food Network star, cookbook author, and soon to be daytime talk show host? I find that I am annoyed by her and like her in equal parts. It's very odd. I sometimes watch her show "30 Minute Meals" on the Food Network and I am perplexed by ber popularity. She's fairly cute and spunky, but I find her delivery kind of forced and hokey.

People really seem to like her. She has been on the Oprah show a bunch of times and I think teamed with Oprah on her magazine, Everyday With Rachel Ray. I have to say that I have read her magazine and I really like it. I don't like some of the goofy words she uses though, like "yummo" and "evoo" for extra virgin olive oil. Annoying! Yet she reminds me of a a college buddy, you know the type that was extra positive happy even on the way to an 8am econ class. Blah.

*Beauty Tip* Make your own Mediterranean Foot Scrub using "Evoo" in honor of Rachel Ray!1/2 cup "Evoo"(Extra Virgin Olive Oil, in case you weren't paying attention!)1/2 cup Sea Salt1 lemon wedgeGlass of red wine(optional to drink)Mix the first two ingrediants together in a bowl and squeeze in a dash of lemon. Scrub your feet and hands for two minutes and rinse. Apply a thick layer of Mosturizer after. My favorite at the moment is Avon's PLANET SPA Mediterranean Olive Oil Whipped Body Crème for $11.50. It's got anti-oxidant rich "evoo", that is whipped into a luxurious cream to soothe and nourish skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home