Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Friday, July 28, 2006

I Don't Want To Go, You Can't Make Me--Reunions Are Stupid!

When class reunion time comes around I want to scream and roll around on the floor like my toddler does mid tantrum. I DON'T WANT TO GO YOU CAN'T MAKE ME I WOULD RATHER HAVE A NICE DINNER AND GO SEE A MOVIE INSTEAD OF GOING TO ANOTHER STUPID REUNION!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Alright I didn't really roll around on the floor when my husband told me his reunion was coming up. But alas, I don't want to go. I hate to make conversation with a bunch of people I knew a long time ago and haven't seen in a million years. It seems kind of a pointless way to spend an evening. Especially considering we hardly ever go out and leave our two girls with a sitter. My in-laws are usually only good for one night out a month babysitting. I know I could hire a sitte but (A). It is expensive, I think the going rate in my neighboorhood is 7-8 bucks an hour and (B). I can't let a tween or teen watch my precious baby girls! What if there is an emergency? Or the baby chokes on something? Or won't sleep or bumps her head? AHHHHH it's just too much too worry about. So I know it's totally my fault that we only go out once a month.

The reunion is tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time in high school. I had lots of friends and I did copius amounts of activites. I don't want to brag or anything, but I am doing well now too with a great husband, nice house, and two beautiful daughters. It's not like I'm living in my parents basement at 30, working at Starbucks or anything. Really I'm not. My writing career is humming along nicely. People are paying me to write and yet I still don't feel like going. I think part of the reason is that when I think of high school I like to remember people as they were, and not form new opinions about them now. I don't want to know who got fat, lives with their parents, or can't pass the bar. I am just not interested.

*Beauty Tip* Here is a special occasion makeup tip. To make your cheekbones POP, rub on a slightly shimmery highlighter starting from the top of the apple of your cheek and blend up along your cheekbone towards your ear. When the light hits your face at just the right angle, it creates a beautifully defined cheekbone. My favorites are Prescriptives Beam Cream in Sheen($20)at Gloss.com and Kevyn Aucoin's Liquid Shimmer in White($22)at KevynAucoin.com or NeimanMarcus.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home