Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Firemen Story

As I sit down to write this I have been interupted three times already by my children. The first time my oldest wanted more "crunchy cereal" otherwise known as the new Dora cereal. It's supposed to have some good whole grains in it, but who knows! It's probably just good old fashioned sugar cereal. I'm not fooled. The second time my youngest dropped her bagel on the floor, and the third time she dropped her bagel on the floor again. She is only one year old, and everytime she drops it I see little flashes of baby anger as she makes tiny fists and waves her arms in the air. As if she is saying, "GET MY BAGEL BACK NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"So now I don't even remember what I was going to write about at this point. Oh I know, I just looked at the title again. The Firemen Story. This is a good one. My oldest just turned four years old. She is very intelligent and advanced for her age, like I am sure your kids are too. Doesn't every parent think their kid is super smart? I could really gush about her for pages and pages, but I don't want to be one of those parents. They make me want to puke. So one day last week we were riding in the car and my four year old asks as we pass a new building in town what that building is used for. So I tell her in my very best grown up explaining voice--"it's the firehouse, where the firemen wait until they go and help with a fire or rescue." She then tells me," Mom don't forget about the fireladies, you must remember them too!" My little pint sized feminist!

Here are some other random things my four year old has said lately.

We were in line at Target to buy her a ballerina Barbie Doll. My daughter looked at the doll held her high in the air and yelled, "Hey Mom, my doll has big boobs just like you do!"

Walking through the mall we passed two ladies and my daughter said, "Hey Mom those ladies have dark faces!" So I explained to her that those ladies were African-American. PC, right? I told my husband about this later and he asked me why didn't I just tell her that different people have different colored skin. I guess that might have made more sense to her.

*Beauty Tip* Did you know that 80% of aging is environmental, aka sun damage? The best thing you can do for the future of your skin is to wear a daily moisturizer with a SPF 15 or 30. Everyday. Go check your moisturizer now and if it doesn't have an SPF, go get one! Your wrinkle free skin will thank you for it. Neutrogena makes a great one called "Daily Defense"($10) and Prescriptives makes one that is my personal favorite called "All You Need SPF 15"($40)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home