Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Monster Fridays-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yea! It's Friday! I really have no reason to look forward to Fridays. Why is that?

Well, I am a stay at home Mom so it's not like I have a job during the week and I get weekends off. As a Mom I am always on duty. I am happy it's almost Friday night though because it's date night. I roped my in-laws into babysitting tonight so that my husband and I can meet some friends out on the town. My in-laws totally owe us, they have been on vacation for three weeks. We don't get out much, it's very exciting when we do. Plus it's been a long week with the kids. And I don't know what it is about Fridays but my four year old is just a monster. I call it "Monster Fridays" because she is always a monster crab at the end of the week. Tomorrow she'll be fine, but today--WATCHOUT>tantrums, whining, and not sharing are the norm on a Friday. The rest of the week she is usually her pleasant old self.

I don't get it. But I can't wait til her grandparents come over and I can flee the house. I wonder if other Moms feel like this at the end of the day. I wonder if when I was a kid, did my parents feel that way about my little brother and I? Is that why they left us with so many babysitters? I really didn't like them much. I think that's why I don't hire babysitters for my kids, instead I unfairly count on my in-laws to help out. Plus it's free. And free babysitting for my little "monsters" is the way to go!

*Beauty Tip* If you are getting ready for a big night out and don't have time to re-wash your hair, or you had to give your sand covered children a bath and there is no hot water left then here is a little trick. This works for curly or wavy hair. Spray some water, spray gel, or protein spray on it. Pile it up on top of your head in a messy buns, secure it with bobby pins and let air dry or blast it for a minute with the blowdrier. Let it sit while you do your makeup and then undo it and let the sexy messy wavys fall where they may. Hot date hair! For a great protein spray try Fredric Fekkai or Oscar Blandi at Sephora.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home