Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Monday, September 18, 2006

I Admit It, I Miss The Wiggles!

Alright Playhouse Disney, I am a little irritated with you. Why are The Wiggles only on once at 7 in the morning? I admit it, I miss The Wiggles! I mean they used to be on three or four times a day at least! My daughter and I gamely danced each morning to "Hot Potato" and "Fruit Salad." You really can't beat the classics.

Now I know that as far as programming goes that Disney had to make room for some new shows. I can't dance to "Little Einsteins" and isn't "Handy Manny" like a cheater combination of "Dora" and "Bob the Builder?" Can't watch it Disney Programming People. I miss The Wiggles. Anthony, the blue Wiggle, isn't bad on the eyes in the morning as I am trying to down a cup of coffee and feed my two young children. Johnny of "Johnny & the Sprites," just doesn't do it for me. He's a little too musical theatre, if you know what I mean. But dancing, singing, Australian men? Yipee!

I could do without Captain Feathersword though. He's kind of an attention whore, don't you think? And speaking of attention seekers....Rachel's Ray's first show is starting so I gotta go.

*Beauty Tip* Fruit Salad Body Mask(In honor of The Wiggles!)

This may sound as if you're pouring a smoothie for the skin -- and you are -- but for good reason. Pineapple contains bromeliad, a protein-digestive enzyme which helps rid the skin of dead cells and dirt. It also counteracts histamines, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is a mild astringent. Grapes are rich in PCOs which provide protection against harmful UV rays, and, are anti-oxidents. Bananas have loads of vitamins, calcium and essential nutrients which keep the skin smooth and soft. Kiwi is high in vitamin C and has enzymatic properties. Honeydew is both soothing and hydrating.

2 slices pineapple - rind removed
1/2 med. honeydew melon - rind removed
1 doz. green grapes
1 med. banana - peeled
1 med. kiwi fruit – peeled

Puree all ingredients in food processor. Mixture will be slightly lumpy. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Smooth onto body and/or face, leaving on for half an hour. Rinse off with tepid water.

p.s You can always drink this smoothie treatment instead and share it with your kids too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home