Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oprah For President?

I really think that Oprah could be President. She's a billionaire, has a tv show, magazine, and millions of fans. Wouldn't she easily be voted in just on the stay-at-home Mom vote alone?
I have to say though that I am not a huge fan of Oprah's. I think she comes off as kind of controlling and condesending on her show. But I think someone who has as much money as she does develops some kind of "high and mightly" complex. It's impossible in her position with all her influence and money not to. So it's ok, she's Oprah.

I do wonder what Oprah would be like as a mother. She never had any children of her own. Would she have been as successful if she had become a mother at some point? Would her ambition have been any different? Would her priorities have changed?

Oprah was one of my oldest daughter's first words, it's easy to say and plus she would see her on tv almost everyday and when we were at the grocery store I would point out Oprah on the cover of her magazine. Kind of like "Where's Waldo", but with Oprah instead. My daughter who is four now still points out Oprah wherever she sees her picture or on TV. Rachel Ray's show is on right now and her guest is none other then Oprah and my daugter comes in and says "Hey, What's Oprah doing on this show?" She even knew it wasn't Oprah's own show. Maybe I watch too much tv.

*Beauty Tip* In honor of Oprah's Favorite Things, I am going to share a few of my favorite beauty things in no particular order...
Frederic Fekkai Hair Products(The God of Hair, and he's super sexy in person!)
Gucci Rush
Lancome Definicils Mascara
Prescriptives Moonbeam Eyeliner in Beaming Midnight
Nars Blush in Sin
Chanel Lip Liner in Rosey
Essie Nailpolish
Hai Ceramic Straitening Iron
Avon's Shea Butter Body Balm
(There are many many more but my daughter is dying to surf the web and go on to NickJr.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home