Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

30 Is Not The New Anything

One of my oldest friends turns 30 today. I can't even believe it. It seems like just yesterday we were desparate to be 16 so that we could drive a car. Or desparate to be 21 so that we could legally drink, because we didn't in high school. We were really good girls. Our parents we so lucky.

I turn 30 in a couple of months. I should be looking forward to it, but I'm not. I know they say that 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30, and 50 is the new 40, and blah blah blah. But I just don't buy it. 30 seems old to me. I still think that my Mother is in her thirties, but she's not. She's 50. At least she looks good.

Plus it's not like I will be turning 30 without having accomplished anything. I don't live in my parents basement. I don't stay out all weekend long with my girlfriends doing jello shots hoping to meet some nice guy. I married a great guy, and I have two beautiful daughters. My writing career is going along nicely. We live in a lovely safe neightboorhood. Things are good. I am where I should be at 30, I think.

It still feels so final though. It's 30. It feels like the second half of my life is starting. Well hopefully I will live longer then 60. I will admit it though that anything before 30 seems young. While anything after seems old. I know anyone over 30 is going to be a little put off by that statement. But it's the truth as I see it. I see myself as old at 30.

I will just put it out there that someone, aka my husband, better get me a really nice present. Diamonds, rubies, saphires, whatever. Bring it on. I need it!

*Beauty Tip* If you are over 30 and you aren't using an SPF in your daily moisterizer, the good news is that it's never too late to start. Try to have an SPF 15 or better yet an SPF 30 for everyday use. You will be amazed at how much sun damage can age your skin. Prevention is key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home