Makeup & Motherhood

Just making it up as I go along!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Grandmother The Big Spender

My Gramma cracks me up. She has a live-in-boyfriend, travels, drives everywhere, still wears makeup, and is 82 years young. Plus she still looks great, which I feel bodes well for me in that women on my mother's side of the family just age very well.

I just got off the phone with my Gramma and since we are moving to a new house soon she was asking me about it. She also told me that the first house that she and my Granddad bought in 1950 cost them a whopping 500 bucks. It was one of those Sears-Roebuck little starter homes. I can't even believe that their first house only cost 500 bucks. It doesn't even compute in my head considering it cost us almost $500 just to get the paperwork started on our new home.

My Grandparents next home is the one I remember. They lived there for 32 years. By the time they moved there in around 1962 they already had 6 kids. And that was an average amount for back then. I can't even imagine having 6 kids. I have 2 and I am stressed beyond belief. Were things easier back then?

*Beauty Tip* My Gramma always wears bright lipstick. It looks great on her. So my tip for you today is to try a bright lipcolor even if you normally prefer a softer shade. Here are a few beautiful bold lipstick choices.
Avon-My Lip Miracle ($6)in Remarkaberry(my Gramma's current favorite)
Prescriptives-Colorscope ($17.50) lipcolor in Titan
Revlon-Super Lustrous Lipstick($10) in Scarlet Velvet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home